• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Vitamin advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterPiper

Greenlighter
Ive never taken anything before but im now thinking of starting to take some vitamins.

Heres what im planning on taking, any views/opinions would be appreciated.

A multivitamin

Biotin (Good for thinning hair)

Zinc

Selenium

Im also gonna start taking maca powder.

Also, can anyone advise on what type of zinc to get, there seems to be few different types. I also heard lozenges are better because the body can absorb them easier.

Eat brazil nuts for zinc and selenium. 1 oz (30g) of brazils contains about 50% of your RDA of zinc and 500% of your selenium requirements. Nuts are way better than tablets for minerals cause as well as being a good natural source of minerals, they contain all sorts of benificial fats and are a great source of top quality protein and fibre too. plus they're tasty. I loves me nuts as a snack between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner.

Last edited:
Could you tell us a little more about yourself? Your age/typical diet etc. Those would change some things.

In general I would recommend

Fish Oil
EGCG Extract (from green tea)
Resveratrol

Both EGCG and resveratrol have life-extending effects... and fish oil is good for a variety of ailments. it's good for your brain, your joints, and has been shown to help with depression.

my 2 cents

OH I forgot to mention good call on the maca powder... that stuff seemed great

cacao powder is good too. an all-around mood booster/antioxidant

I take Solarray multivitamins and they are awesome. I can actually take one in the morning and I feel awake and revived almost as much as coffee. I take it before studying, and I really feel it helps me study and makes me feel good.

I take Solarray multivitamins and they are awesome. I can actually take one in the morning and I feel awake and revived almost as much as coffee. I take it before studying, and I really feel it helps me study and makes me feel good.

hell yeah! Solarry uses pattented "chelazome" chelating technology for maximum absorbtion of the minerals. Highly reccomended...

Status
Not open for further replies.